No longer PIH... now its PE :( ---UPDATE!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
annes
Forum Moderator

Re : No longer PIH... now its PE :( ---UPDATE!

Postby annes » Fri Mar 09, 638632 7:20 pm

That stinks! It is great that your doctor is proactive, though. Missing that birthday will be harder on you than her, I promise. She'll have a new baby brother as a gift!!! Good luck.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Tue Feb 28, 638632 5:03 am

I hope that your 24 hour urine comes out better then you expect. How are you feeling? And how is your little one looking?

Take care - and you are right, at 2, your little one won't notice if her birthday is celebrated a few weeks late.

angieb

Postby angieb » Mon Feb 27, 638632 5:25 pm

I'm very sorry. :( I have my fingers crossed that you can avoid the mag at least.

southerngirl108

No longer PIH... now its PE :( ---UPDATE!

Postby southerngirl108 » Mon Feb 27, 638632 5:11 pm

Well, its pretty much official: I have PE. My 24 hour urine from last week was at 217 and today I tested +3 so I am doing another collection before my pre-op appt tomorrow. I was scheduled to have my c-section on 11/27 but my OB said she wants me to have it this Friday (11/20) as opposed to the following one. She doesn't want me waiting that long. If by somehow my 24 hour urine doesn't hit the 300 mark then I can go without mag. I really don't want to be on the mag again!!! And, I'm also upset because now there is a chance I'll be in the hospital for Maddie's birthday! Granted, it's only her 2nd birthday and she isn't old enough to know, but it's not something I wanted to happen.

Update: Noah is here! I went to my pre-op appt on 11/18 and turned in my 24 hour urine. My sample in the office tested +4 and my BP was 160/120 so my doctor said no more waiting tonight was the night. So I went downstairs to LDR, got hooked up on mag, and Noah was delivered c-section at 8:11pm. Weighed 5 pounds, 6 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long. Looks exactly like his sister did when she was born. We've taken a lot of pics but will probably upload them to the home PC versus the laptop so those will have to wait until I get to go home (hopefully Saturday, if not, Sunday).

Got taken off the mag yesterday (Thank God!!!) and I am up and moving about. Noah is in the room with us and is breastfeeding wonderfully. Will post pictures when I get home!!!!

UGH!!!!!!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”