forgot my meds this morning

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
darateacher

Re : forgot my meds this morning

Postby darateacher » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:18 am

Jen- I did exactly what you said...just waited until I got home, and took it at my regular time at night. I didn't bother checking my bp because I knew it wouldn't look great. I didn't feel any different that day either. Thanks so much!

jend01

Postby jend01 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:57 am

I know I'm a day late here but, from my own experience I would say try not to think about it and just take it when you get home. I forgot to take my meds one day last year and like Trish said I worried myself so much that my BP went up. When I saw the higher reading on my BP monitor I panicked and was going to leave work to get my meds and caused myself to have a panic attack and had to go the hospital for the panic attack. My BP was fine the whole time I was there. I talked to my doctor after that and he told me that missing one dose wasn't going to cause any problems. Ironically I work in a pharmacy where we dispense that med, later the manager told me that I should have told him and they could have gotten it for me that one time. I now always carry a pill bottle with one dose of everything I normally take just in case :)

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:18 am

Based on my personal experience....maybe. I missed my 200 mg dose one night and didn't notice anything, but then again I was sleeping for most of that time. I still had a normal BP reading the next morning too. However, a couple weeks later I doubled up on my morning dose (normally 100mg, but I took 200mg) and almost passed out several times. I knew what I did immediately after taking the 2nd pill, but didn't think it would matter since I take that much at night.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:15 am

Can you get home & take it at lunch? Just me but I would worry about my BP being high enough to send it even higher! I don't know about any other side effects. I hate when I get busy & forget a dose (usually when I'm out of my normal routine)!! I just try & take it when I remember - as close to usual time as possible.

darateacher

forgot my meds this morning

Postby darateacher » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:35 am

I'm not pregnant, but I am on Labetalol 300mg, 2x a day. I forgot to take it this morning...running like a mad woman to get to work...

Any side effects I should be worried about? Is it too low of a doseage to worry?

Thanks!

Dara

Return to “Ask the Experienced”