Forgot to take medecine-BP question

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
brandib

Re : Forgot to take medecine-BP question

Postby brandib » Thu Dec 06, 638942 7:58 am

My machine is automatic and it pumped to 280 everytime! I took my medecine HOURS ago and finally just got a reading of 136/107. My BP had to be CRAZY high. I see my primary on Tuesday. She is doubling my Propranolol or we might just go ahead and switch medications again...*sigh* oh yeah, it also showed the little heart symbol wich means it detected an arythmia I'm pretty sure.

ETA: I have the womens Reli-On pink machine :0)

preemomof2

Postby preemomof2 » Thu Dec 06, 638942 1:02 am

Brandi, when the bp machine says error it usually means you have not pumped high enough to get a ready. Pump to at least 200 and see if you get a reading. When my machine said error it meant my bp was really high. Off the chart high. So keep trying and don't forget to take the meds.

beth0277

Postby beth0277 » Wed Dec 05, 638942 4:25 pm

Brandi--Can you put a call in to your doctor? Your headache is concerning and it may not be a bad idea to go to your docs office (if it is possible to just drop by) and see if they can take your BP with their manual cuffs, which allow for higher readings.

Is that a possibility?

brandib

Forgot to take medecine-BP question

Postby brandib » Wed Dec 05, 638942 3:18 pm

Ok, just real fast, I forgot to take my meds yesterday and today I keep getting VERY dizzy and I've had an extreme headache, so upon getting extremely dizzy again I thought " Man my head hurts, oh no Brandi you didn't take ur meds.....OH NO you forgot yesterday too!" So I went to check my BP and my machine only says "Error" I've tried to take it at least 15 times and all I get is error. I took my meds that I'm a couple hours late on, but totally missed yesterday. My machine got my husband at 118/72 and error on me! Is my BP probably CRAZY high????? I'm a little nervous here and don't know if I should wait it out or maybe go to Er.....starting to bite my fingernails a little here. I keep thinking "well, you have high Bp regaurdless, what in the world is at right now!"

Also, I took some back to back so I thought I'd let the machine "rest" and come back in so I did that and still error. So I figured I'd just sit there and wait.....still error.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”