should I have concerns if baby is breech?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
apd

Re: should I have concerns if baby is breech?

Postby apd » Sun Jun 15, 638949 7:19 pm

I just borrowed a book on VBACs from the library and it had positions that moms could get into to encourage the baby to turn. I know one was the cat/cow yoga poses, another was kneeling on a bed and bending over so your head and boobs are on the bed. A third was lying inverted - like putting an ironing board with one end on the couch and the other on the floor. Not sure how successful these are but don't sound like they would hurt. Maybe try googling them.

mrss

Postby mrss » Wed Jun 04, 638949 10:20 am

DS didn't turn head down until 37 weeks. You have plenty of time for the baby to turn.
Michelle (38)
DH (50)
Adam 6/10/06 at 37w2d, 5 lbs. 12 oz.
Julianne 10/4/10 at 35w5d, 5 lbs. 5 oz.

cc

Postby cc » Wed Mar 26, 638949 12:50 pm

I think I saved instead of posting. Whoops! New forum :) Just remember that any laboring you do will be positive for baby because the squeezing that happens in labor helps baby learn to breath and all that good stuff!! So if you DID go into labor it wouldn't be bad at all! Oh and I agree with PPs...lots of breech babies turn although babies that were previously transverse do tend to turn a little less.

You could look into the site www.spinningbabies.com if you are interested in getting him to turn before hand with a few exercises/stretches each day :)

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Sun Feb 09, 638949 2:00 am

thanks Anna- just my normal HELLP mommy hypochondriac questions. Swear that I am not normally a hypochondiac but this disease makes me crazy. I am about 30 minutes from the hospital- but certainly I do think I will make it there. But it is one of those recurring nightmares that something will happen. More of my fear stems from chance of something happening early than actually a breech baby during a c-section. Really hoping the next few weeks are uneventful.
Mom to Olivia 4/4/2008 born at 34 1/2 weeks due to class I HELLP
Declan born 1/4/2011- no HELLP or PE- YEAH

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Sun Jan 05, 638949 5:22 pm

At 32 weeks, your baby has plenty of time to turn! My friend's baby was breech right up to the night before the version therapy she opted for (where they physcially try to to turn baby) at 38 weeks. He flipped on his own and he stayed after that. I know you're concerned more about the possibility of there being an emergency, but are you close to the hospital? I would think you'd be able to get there in enough time, even if baby remains breech.
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

jenmatt1

should I have concerns if baby is breech?

Postby jenmatt1 » Sun Jan 05, 638949 4:51 pm

I am 32 weeks and baby has moved from traverse position at 30 weeks to breech now instead of turning upside down. I had already planned on a c-section. After emergency c-section first time I did not want to take any chances this time around. The doc is going to check again at 34 but said if not turned by then, then he will probably stay in that position.

I know that most breech babies are born healthy but I have had this impending fear of going into labor before the c-section already and it just got worse knowing the baby is breech. I have this fear that baby will just decide to come and we won't be at the hospital because they won't schedule a c-section before 39 weeks without a medical emergency. Am I crazy or anyone else feel this way when they have been in this position? What kinds of questions should I ask my doc at next appointment?
Mom to Olivia 4/4/2008 born at 34 1/2 weeks due to class I HELLP
Declan born 1/4/2011- no HELLP or PE- YEAH

Return to “Pregnant Again?”