Numbness..it is too early

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
claricemaala

Re: Numbness..it is too early

Postby claricemaala » Tue Jun 10, 639253 3:36 pm

Hi Lissette,

I am on LDA, Prenatal, Calcium, on Labetolol and Methyldopa (since my second pregnancy coz I am now with chronic hypertension), and Lovaza.
MY high risk OB plans to place me on Lovenox later. I will get specific when I see her on my first pregnancy visit this first week of Aug. At that time I will be seven weeks. I saw her few days before finding out I was pregnant!
Mom to 6 year old. Born at 33 1/2 weeks after preeclampsia and abruptio placenta.
Angel boy -Michael- born 2/1/2010 at 31 weeks. Had pre eclampsia and hospital bedrest at 27 weeks. Died due to NEC. Forever loved and missed
Rainbow baby due Feb 2012. Hoping for a looooonnnnnnngggg uneventful pregnancy.

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Sat Mar 22, 639253 1:53 am

Oh I felt the numbness from the start of my pregnancy and from time to time my hands and feet get numb...especially if it is hot/humid outside. It is too early to worry about pe. Just take it nice and slow....are you on any meds?
Lisette 37 Hubby 37
Lisette 36 / Luis 36
1996 25 weeker due to Eclampsia with seizures daughter alive today 15 yrs old " Julyzah Caridad"
2010 23 weeker due to severe preeclampsia my angel left us

2011/27/July we beat preeclampsia and made it to 36.5 weeks 6lbs 1oz baby girl "Kendall Lauren " pe-free just bp started acting up.
Thanks to God, my doctor, Lovenox and Lda.

grantk

Postby grantk » Tue Mar 11, 639253 7:12 am

My hands go numb when I sleep too, anytime I have them above my heart level. I think it has happened this whole pregnancy. I have never been concerned, should I?! My mom says I always sleep like a dead dog, if that gives you an idea of my weird hand thing. I think most nights I must move them down without knowing

jean

Postby jean » Tue Mar 11, 639253 1:03 am

I had numbness early on in this pg as well. I was not laying on my hand when my numbness kicked in. Not to worry...it can be just a normal pregnancy symptom!
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/

lizard

Postby lizard » Mon Mar 10, 639253 11:48 pm

I really don't think you need to worry yet. you probably just slept on your hands. you are only 5wks pregnant. as for acupuncture, yes i did it throughout my entire pregnancy and it helped ME immensely. both mentally and physically. i also did prenatal yoga thoughout...that also helped so much. good luck to you and i know it is hard, but try to relax and not worry too much. easier said than done i know. it took me a long time this last pregnancy to just relax and enjoy, but when i finally did...it was amazing! i wish i had been able to do it sooner, but i wasn't. take care!

lizard

Postby lizard » Mon Mar 10, 639253 11:48 pm

I really don't think you need to worry yet. you probably just slept on your hands. you are only 5wks pregnant. as for acupuncture, yes i did it throughout my entire pregnancy and it helped ME immensely. both mentally and physically. i also did prenatal yoga thoughout...that also helped so much. good luck to you and i know it is hard, but try to relax and not worry too much. easier said than done i know. it took me a long time this last pregnancy to just relax and enjoy, but when i finally did...it was amazing! i wish i had been able to do it sooner, but i wasn't. take care!

claricemaala

Numbness..it is too early

Postby claricemaala » Mon Mar 10, 639253 6:25 am

So it is 420 am. I woke up with numbness to boh my hands. It scared me because I had this when I was diagnosed with pe at 27 weeks. I am thinking, "My God this is way too early". From my calculation from last menstrual period I am only 5 weeks pregnant. I immediately took my pressure. It has been fine systolic of 95 to 103/ 50's. Actually low for my usual bp reads. (Maybe because it is early in am!) The numbness scared me because if I accidentally slept on that hand to cause numbness I am wondering why it happened on two hands. Clearly I know my hands were both free when I woke up.

Now it is getting me worried, maybe I need to relax and rest more. I work per diem in ER and I have placed myself to work extra shift the next few weeks. I did this schedule before knowing I was preggo. I need to just work and brave it out, I guess. After the schedule, I need slow down and relax more.

Anybody tried accupuncture? IS there anybody that continued excercise after finding out you are pregnant?
Mom to 6 year old. Born at 33 1/2 weeks after preeclampsia and abruptio placenta.
Angel boy -Michael- born 2/1/2010 at 31 weeks. Had pre eclampsia and hospital bedrest at 27 weeks. Died due to NEC. Forever loved and missed
Rainbow baby due Feb 2012. Hoping for a looooonnnnnnngggg uneventful pregnancy.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”