Rules for posting events, fundraisers & meetings

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.
hbooth

Re : Rules for posting events, fundraisers & meetings

Postby hbooth » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:42 am

Carol,

I have an idea, but didn't see this email until after I posted it. Please read and let me know if it's ok. The title is - A great way to raise money - I just posted it today.

Thanks,
Heather Booth

P.S. I will be getting back to you soon on that other fundraiser idea soon.

eleni
Site Admin

Re : Rules for posting events, fundraisers & meetings

Postby eleni » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:34 pm

We are currently working on some templates for some of the standard communication requests that keep repeating: announcing meetings via email or flyers, sending out postcards, letters, requests for donations, etc. To that end, we would greatly appreciate it if anything you have created could be sent to us a.s.a.p. so we can pull from existing examples to create some standard templates (with room for personalization, where appropriate). Even if you think we have seen it, please resend it. Please send to eleni@preeclampsia.org. Thanks for your help with this. These communications would be most likely going out from Group Coordinators, but just in case anybody reading this section of the boards is affected, please reply.

carolh

Rules for posting events, fundraisers & meetings

Postby carolh » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:46 pm

If you are planning a PF event, fundraiser or meeting and would like to post information about it anywhere on the Forum, you first need to contact Dawn Detweiler with the details so that your message can be reviewed before making it available to the public domain on the website. She will review it, get input from others in the national office if needed, then contact you with the results. The reason we're adamant about this process is so we can ensure that the same level of style, tone and professionalism is consistent among all of our communications. We also don't want to get caught in a situation where the national office is unaware that an event is taking place! And we want to make sure your event can be supported by the resources available at the national level.

We appreciate your help with this. We'll do our best to make this process efficient and smooth.

Thanks!
Carol

Carol Hamilton, Pharm.D.
Michigan Coordinator
Director of Chapter Development
Ann Arbor

Return to “Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange”